Wednesday, April 29, 2009

She is REAL!?!?!?!

As a little girl, it seems like I spent almost every weekend at my Mimi's house. My sister, all my cousins (all girls, mind you), and I would go over on Friday night. Make a mess of her house. Watch a movie. Play in her "lingerie" (which was really just silk nightgowns and robes), eventually fall asleep, and wake up on Saturday morning to Papa Sid singing some insane song about sunshine and good mornings. Then we'd have pancakes and receive our lecture on manners.

Mimi was always adamant that we be well-mannered little ladies. She always referred to Miss Manners. "Miss Manners says this..." or "Miss Manners says that...."

Tonight, after years of not thinking of that stuff, I was reminded.

Miss Manners really does exist. Wow.

Seriously, we thought she made that stuff up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, this made me feel incredibly OLD, because I used to read Miss Manners, along with Dear Abby, faithfully in the paper as I grew up. I wanted to BE Dear Abby, actually...

But wow... Yeah, I feel old...

;-)