Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Don't Shop at Walmart

Wednesday morning I "taught" (I use that term very loosely) a session on couponing at my mom's group.

Some questions came up about Walmart and I answered them as best I could and then for some reason I mentioned, "I don't shop at Walmart." I was then attacked by a tidal wave of why not's.

Uh....

Er.....

Because I don't.

Seriously. I usually do not shop at Walmart. Even before I started couponing, I didn't shop at Walmart unless I HAD to.

Walmart is crowded. Walmart is stressful. Plus, I have a love affair with Publix and with Target. Because of this love affair, I have no need to go to Walmart unless I need something from the craft department or unless it is the middle of the night.

I know that generally speaking, Walmart is cheaper, but somehow, I find a way around that and still come out saving money. Somehow.

By the way, I should mention that as I write this post, Hubs is gone to Walmart to buy ice cream.
Ah...the irony.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Only a Friday would go to Wal-mart or any other store just for ice cream. He is his grandfather's grandson.

Rachel said...

WAL-MART BLOWS! :) I love putting inappropriate things on your comment page. It might be something I start doing regularly...AT LEAST IT'S NOT THE "F" WORD...AHEM...CARRIE FAIR FRIDAY!

Unknown said...

Don't feel guilty about not shopping at Walmart. I don't either. I am a Publix and Target freak too. With all the deals and the coupons I find in the paper and online, I save 50% of my grocery bill on a regular basis at Publix. I don't usually get groceries at Target though. I have heard some nasty staff in a documentary about Target's meats so I don't get that there.