Friday, April 24, 2009

I know that three blog posts in a little over 24 hours is a bit much, but I have something on my heart right now that I would really like to share.

Tonight Anthony and I watched Fireproof for the first time. Yes, I know we're a tad bit late on this but let's just move on. Let me preface this by saying that I know it is just a movie but it is a God-inspired movie. A tool.

Anthony and I have been together for a little over 7 years now. We've been through all kind of phases in our relationship from the point where we just couldn't get enough of each other, to what I like to think as real love and togetherness, to best friendship, and now...we're at something else. I mentioned in a previous post that Twilight didn't make me fall in love with Edward Cullen but in all actuality, it made me more aware of my love for my husband.

Tonight, I realized that God used Twilight--a book about vampires--as a tool to reach me. He had something he wanted to show me.....

my husband.

I love my husband. I LOVE him. I love him in the 1 Corinthians 13 sense, but I love him in the ewey-gooey love story sense too.

I had forgotten that.

Sometimes everyday life distracts me. I have gotten so used to him being a daddy and a provider and my friend that I somehow lost sight of my husband. It almost saddens me that it took a book to remind me of that.

Lately it seems like people are getting divorced left and right and even married people seem to be at each other's throats. I have a hard time understanding how it can get to that point because I've never been there. Thankfully, God got my attention before we could even get headed in that direction.

I love my husband. My heart still flutters when I look at him. His kisses still get me like they did when we first started dating....maybe even more. I find comfort and joy in holding his hand. I look forward to the time I get to spend with him, even if it is just watching tv. When he's gone to choir practice or a softball game, I miss him. I wish he was here with me.

Yall, I am in love with my husband. And frankly, not enough people are in love with their husbands.

So I guess what I am going to leave you with is this: GO FIND YOUR HUSBAND AND BE IN LOVE WITH HIM!!!!!!!! :)

No comments: