I know I haven't mentioned much about couponing and how much I've saved in quite some time....that might be because I haven't done it.
One of my favorite things to cook when it is winter is Taco Soup. I got the recipe from Anthony's Aunt Debbie and from his mom.
Yesterday, as I was looking through the sales ads, I noticed that several of the ingredients are on sale at Publix. Since people are ALWAYS asking me for the recipe, I thought this would be the perfect time to share!
- Ground Beef --coupon in the Publix Ad to save $1 on Publix Ground Beef
- Chopped Onion or Onion Powder/Flakes
- Rotel--coupon in the Publix Ad to save $.75 on two cans of Rotel
- 1 can Pinto Beans--Bush's on Advantage Buy, 4 for $3 (16 oz)
- 1 can Kidney Beans--Bush's on Advantage Buy, 4 for $3 (16 oz)
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes--Del Monte on Advantage Buy, 2 for $3 (28 oz)
- 1 pack Taco Seasoning--McCormick Taco Mix 3 for $2
- 1 pack Ranch Dressing Mix (dry)
- Tortilla Chips--Mission chips 2 for $5
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream--coupon (Red Plum or Smart Source, don't remember) for Smart Balance
- Brown beef with onion or onion powder/flakes
- Drain meat
- Put into large pot and add all other ingredients except cheese, chips, and sour cream
- Simmer for 45 minutes
***I can't handle spice so I do everything as mild as possible but you can make this as hot as you'd like, even adding hot sauce to it.
***As far as the beans go, you can mix it up all you want, you can do 2 of Pinto, 1 of Kidney or whatever. I just like to make them all different. The main thing is that you need 3 cans.