Sunday, August 30, 2009

Signs...

Ok so you may or may not be interested in this. You also may not know what I'm talking about.

So brief explanation...At football games (high school) there are signs all around the field that say things such as "Beat _______ Team" or "Touchdown" or whatever. Back in the day....when I was a cheerleader, we always had AWESOME signs.

So now...it is my turn to teach my cheerleaders the art of sign making. Except we haven't had all summer to work on it.

Oh...and I'm still stealing paper from teacher's workroom :)

I've been trying to come up with some somewhat clever ones. But mostly, what I come up with is stupid stuff like "Poinciana smells like POO." A smidge inappropriate and immature? Maybe so.

The thing is...the kids haven't helped too much, mostly because I don't think they understand what I'm talking about.

For our first game we need about 30 (so my AD says). This is what I have come up with:
  1. Begin with a Win
  2. Panthers on the Prowl
  3. Eagles taste like chicken
  4. Capture the eagles
  5. beat em black and blue
  6. we will rock you
  7. make em see stars
  8. Ruffle their feathers
  9. Exterminate the Eagles
  10. Pound Poinciana
  11. Hang em' Heritage
  12. Fight Tonight
Yeah...that's it.

Oh and did I mention we have 10 games I've gotta do this for??? :) Exciting, truly it is, but I feel pressured...haha.

Anybody got any suggestions other than ones that mention poo?

2 comments:

Becky said...

mmm I'm really bad at these things... all I can think of is really cheesey stuff like Poinciana Soup (which makes me chuckle to myself) and Knock em dead big red, but I doubt you guys are red. Oh, you could do Eat Mor Eagles & have the chickens drawing it like the chick-fil-a cows... yeah, see I'm just no help...

Insanitykim said...

Hmmm a couple of those might get your team in trouble, what with all the PC-ness flying around these days...

How about just, "WIN!!" I mean, what's more clever and straightforward than that?

Maybe, "Win! Seriously! DO IT!"

Yeah that's good. I am awesome.