Friday, October 10, 2008

Upcoming Election...

My sister-in-law (one of my personal favorite people ever) re-posted this on facebook. Her friend posted it and Rachel felt compelled to pass it along. I do too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This is an excerpt from the email that is going around from Huntley Brown. I know this whole article talks about why he can't vote for Obama just because he's black. I am not concerned about his race. Racism aside, I have a strong feeling about Christians who are voting for Obama. I just can't understand why they feel they are making a God-led decision. I guess my brain is just too small to comprehend it, but I believe with all my heart that I'd be going against God's standards to vote for a man who the terrorist nations would be thrilled if he gets elected. I can't vote for a man who won't stand up as a Christian no matter where he is, but instead talks accordingly to whichever group he's in front of. I can't vote for a man who seems to have no moral standards or values when it comes to the sanctification of marriage, murdering unborn babies, nor can I vote for a man who was either not as involved in his church as he led us to believe, or commends the teachings that have come out of that church. Again, I just don't believe I would be following God's standards for what I as a Christian need to stand for. Hope this makes you think!


In the past when the Lord brought someone with the beliefs of Obama to lead a nation it meant one thing - judgment.

Read 1 Samuel 8 when Israel asked for a king.

First God says in 1 Samuel 1:9 "Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do." Then God says
1 Samuel 1:18 " When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day." 19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. "No!" they said. "We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles." 21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, "Listen to them and give them a king."

Here is what we know for sure.

God is not schizophrenic.

He would not tell one person to vote for Obama and one to vote for McCain. As the scripture says, a city divided against itself cannot stand, so obviously many people are not hearing from God.

Maybe I am the one not hearing but I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture so I doubt it.

For all my friends who are voting for Obama can you really look God in the face and say; Father based on your word, I am voting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practice of partial birth abortion. He might have to nominate three or four supreme court justices, and I am sure he will be nominating liberal judges who will be making laws that are against you. I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights, even though you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this. I know I can look the other way because of the economy.

No comments: