Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again


In a previous life...before the child, I was a an English teacher. I taught 7th grade English in rural Alabama.

I loved it and hated it all at the same time. I loved my kids, but I hated how some of them behaved. I loved seeing them learn, but I hated the stress of coming up with all my own stuff.

Teaching was perfect for someone like me...an overachieving, compulsive, people-pleaser. Before the school year even started, I had the entire year outlined and planned out. I made up all my own vocabulary and tests based off of what we were reading or learning. I did all my own handouts, chose all my own books.

I also spent hours working at school and at home. Hours grading tests and projects and writing.

I loved coming home everyday and telling Hubs all the stupid things kids said or did. It was hilarious because they were hilarious. They also never thought before they spoke.

I spent hours upon hours during the summer up at the school getting my classroom ready. It was the bomb, yo. Ok, well...at least it was cutesy. And bright. See?

This morning I got confirmation and got everything started to go back to work.



Teaching.



10th grade.


Guess when I start?


Tomorrow. Yep. I'm slightly baffled too.

I'm excited that I get another go at it and nervous about the kids. You know, I sound funny to all these people down here. :) I cannot tell you how excited I am to get a paycheck again. I'm sad about leaving my Bug, but I think this is the best thing for her. She needs some time with people other than Mommy.

[Just FYI: she's going to be staying with Carrie Friend during the day]

Hopefully, if I get 10 spare seconds to get my classroom fixed up, I'll share some pics.

And I definitely plan on sharing any stupid things the kids say, changing the names, of course.

Say some prayers for me and stay posted.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ooooh! I can't wait to hear what the kids say! ;-) Praying for you!

Melanie said...

Prayers come from here too! I had 9th graders. So, um, fun. You will be great, Carrie!