Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Playlist


I've been having a little bit of trouble getting into the Christmas spirit. Didn't really feel it when I started buying gifts (in, uh, er....October). I didn't really feel it when I put up the tree (the weekend before Thanksgiving). I didn't even feel it when the presents were wrapped and under the tree and sparkly and color coordinated.

I had the cheerleaders' party at my house. At the last minute I ran out and strung some lights in the bushes to not appear to be a scrooge. I felt it a little baking 140 Christmas cookies, watching the girls decorate gingerbread cookies, and then watching them open gifts playing secret Santa. But then POOF! All remnents were gone the next morning while I was cleaning up the mess.

I've been listening to Christmas music trying to boost my spirits. Christmas music is different than any other kind of music. Everyone (generally) loves it. It makes us happy and lifts our spirits. The awesome thing about Christmas music is that you could find the same song in almost every genre (rock, rap, country, Christian, kid, etc.) of music. A version for everyone's taste.

So what's my playlist? Here it is:
  1. Hallelujah (Light is Born) by Barlow Girl
  2. Silent Night by Taylor Swift
  3. O Come All Ye Faithful by Rush of Fools
  4. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch by Jim Carey (The Grinch Soundtrack)
  5. 2000 Decembers Ago by Joy Willams
  6. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by N*Sync (oh those college days!)
  7. Joy to the World by Whitney Houston
  8. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree (Home Alone Soundtrack)
  9. Christmas Shoes by FM Static
  10. Oh Holy Night by Kelly Clarkson
  11. Baby it's Cold Outside by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey
  12. Angels We Have Heard on High by Christina Aguilara
  13. Santa Baby by Taylor Swift
  14. Bells Will be Ringing by The Eagles
  15. All I Want For Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
  16. Here With Us by Joy Williams
  17. Let it Snow by Dean Martin
  18. Do You Hear What I Hear? by Carrie Underwood
  19. Where Are You Christmas by Faith Hill
  20. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Sarah Groves
  21. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel by Shane & Shane
  22. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by Jessica Simpson
  23. White Christmas by Michael Buble
  24. Carol of the Bells (Home Alone Soundtrack)
  25. Mary Did You Know by Clay Aiken

No comments: