I found some templates for daily journaling that I plan on using with my students this year but I thought it would be fun to test them out.
Three animals that I often see around my neighborhood:
1. A mostly black cat with some white on it. Ansleigh says she wants it to be her kitty and has named it Izzy. It is terrified of us but loves our front porch.
2. My neighbor’s scanky dogs. They are disgusting and mean and bark all the time and poop in my yard.
3. Red Birds which remind me of my great-grandmother. I miss her terribly. She was such an awesome old lady and she would adore Ansleigh.
Right now it is summer.
The best things to eat at this time of the year: watermelon, pineapple, fresh steamed veggies, and seafood.
A few of the things I do only at this time of the year: get a tan, catch up on my sleep, and work on projects around the house. I never have time to do any of this during the school year.
One stuffy, dull, administrative-type thing: lesson plans
One marginally interesting thing: working on getting together stuff for my classroom (supplies/decorations/etc.)
One exciting thing (that I will think about while doing the other two things): Ansleigh’s birthday party!!!!!
These are the things that matter:
In my life:
· My faith
· My child
· My family (including the husband)
· My team and my students—knowing that I am making a difference
· Auburn—can’t wait to visit in October!!!!
· Pinterest. I have a problem.
Out there in the world:
· Sweet children who need good homes
· People who are going hungry and without homes
· The environment
Dishwasher or hand wash? Dishwasher—I HATE WASHING DISHES!!!
Mini-golf or bowling? I love mini-golf but I also like to go bowling
Drive-in movie or DVD at home? I’ve never been to the drive-in. I’m a loser, I know.
Road trip or ocean cruise? I hate long trips in cars (have to take anxiety meds) so definitely ocean cruise
Burger and fries or fish and chips? Burger and fries! What kind of weirdo would eat fish and chips?
T-shirt or tank top? T-shirt, preferably an Auburn one
Hoodie or cardigan? Hoodie
Moonlight or candle light? moon
Jogging around the track or down the street? Down the street
Hair: blow dry or air dry? Looks better when I blow it dry but I always air dry it b/c I’m lazy.
Slippers or thick socks? Thick socks
Nose ring or toe ring? Nose
Rainbow or shooting star? Rainbow b/c that means my yard probably just got watered for free!
Paperwork or housework? Paperwork any day!
To find this and more like it, visit www.graceisoverrated.com.