Friday, January 23, 2009

Honest....scrap.


So my sweet friend, Nessa, tagged me to honestly scrap...or post some honest crap, or something like that.

These are her conditions (although, HONESTLY, I don't know that I'll follow them).

A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!

B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

So here we go:

  1. I have spent the majority of my life wishing to be in another part of my life..."if I were 16," or "if I were in college," or even better, "if we were married." You get the point. I'm trying really hard not to be that way and just enjoy what life brings.
  2. [YOU ASKED FOR HONEST] When I look in the mirror right before I take a shower, I am slightly disgusted, and slightly irritated. I work hard to be healthy. I exercise. I coach cheerleaders. I chase around a one-year-old. My legs are strong (and skinny) as is most of the rest of me...except my waist. STUPID WAIST. Go away. I don't want one. I don't want it to be evident that I've had a child. I want people to see me and say, no way you've had a kid! Honestly, I just want my 17-year-old body back....without the work that it took to get it that way.
  3. I am VERY torn about going back to work. I want to work--to have an income and know that I've accomplished a lot at the end of a day. I want to stay at home. I want to maintain naptime :) and know that I'm not letting someone else raise my kid. I worry about how she will change if she goes from being home with me to being somewhere else, like daycare. Yall know she won't sleep if something is going on. When I subbed, I missed her like crazy every second of the day. When I got home, I was too exhausted to play with her...or cook dinner...or wash clothes...or really even shower. Seriously. I don't understand how people do all that! Which leads me to....
  4. I really want my job to be a clothes rep for all my favorite "home show" lines--Chez Ami, Kelly's Kids, Rags land, Orient Expressed, and Castles and Crowns. I love, love, love children's clothes. LOVE THEM. Study them. Stay up-to-date on them. Pee in my pants with excitement when the new lines come out. I actually even attempt to do math to figure out how I could afford to buy her the pieces I want her to have. It would be the perfect job. You basically only have to work twice a year (per company) doing home shows and convincing people to buy these amazing clothes. PLUS, I would get to buy Ansleigh's stuff 40% off!!!! Yes, please. So what's the problem? I don't know anyone anywhere remotely around me that would pay that kind of money for their kids clothes. I DON'T PAY THAT KIND OF MONEY FOR MY KID'S CLOTHES. How can I ask them to?
  5. I thinking this Fashion Wars thing on facebook has gotten a little out-of-hand. I keep getting friend requests from people who want to be in my "posse." Ha. Haha. Hahahaha. No seriously. I don't make stuff like this up. The sad thing is that I accept these people and let me be in my posse...because I'm stupid.
  6. Pretty much everyday my number one option for dinner is some sort of pasta.
  7. I've gotten on the bandwagon and now I want to be a spreader of good news....BUY ORGANIC! Stop eating crap. The only problem is that occasionally I eat that crap, although, when I eat it, all I can think about is how disgusting it is and what it is doing to my body.
  8. Eventually, I want to coach a Varsity cheer squad and run the cheerleading program from Varsity down (JV, and Jr. High/Freshman). I want to build a strong program with tradition and school spirit. I want to be paid a kagillion dollars to do it.
  9. I really would appreciate a personal hair stylist. Someone who is always at my beckon call do dry my hair, fix it, and make it look purdy...at all times.
  10. I pretty much hate everything in my closest...except my jeans. Everytime I get dressed, I get irritated because I hate my clothes and don't want to put them on. I got money for Christmas. I got gift cards. But I can't seem to find clothes I like that I will wear and not want to puke each time I look at them. Explain this to me.

For the tagging thing....I really hate doing this part but here goes:
  1. Rachel
  2. Carrie
  3. Christina
  4. Malerie
  5. Lacey
  6. Shealy
  7. Denise
Ok. done.

holla.


No comments: