Friday, June 26, 2009
1. riding in the car is boring yo.
2. This iPhone has made me understand what It is like to be a crack addict.
4. My eyelids feel like they weigh 10 thousand pounds.
5. Why is it that a grown woman can hardly ride in the car without sleeping yet my child is wide awake.
6. Speaking of the kid, apparently all the cool kids answer mommy by saying "no way."
7. I am not a fan of that .
8. We (I) almost left the rice krispy treats at home.
9. Good thing I remembered while we were still in the neighborhood .
10. Are we there yet?
11. Mrs.GPS says we still have 3 more hours.
12. My thoughts on that: GAY!!!!!
13. Ansleigh must have thrown her cup out the window because it seems to be MIA.
14. Also, she is reading various books in the dark.
15. Dude. Do you know how hard it is to blog on this clicky typer thing?
-- Post From My iPhone
Thursday, June 25, 2009
For months, she admired him from a distance. Over analyzing every hug, every ponytail swish. But Peppy was an impatient girl. VERY impatient. So she gave up. Moved on. Adored him from afar.
Then, approximately six months after meeting, Mr. Extremely Good Looking discovered Peppy's existance. He started hanging out with her all the time. Before she knew it, they were dating. Within a few months things were serious. Very serious. Mr. Extremely Good Looking declared his love and his intentions to marry her...much later on. She was only 18, you know.
They dated. And dated. And dated a while longer. He tutored her in math. She did his laundry for him. It was real lurve.
Then, they went with Peppy's family on their family vacation. One night, Peppy and Good Looking went for a walk on the beach. He mumbled some things. Rambled a little bit. Then asked Peppy if he could keep her forever. He got on one knee, asked her to marry him, and watched at her slightly shocked expression.
She said yes.
Then there was wedding planning. And some more wedding planning. And 752 showers (which were greatly appreciated).
Finally, the big day arrived. Peppy worried about all the details not working out perfectly. She stressed. Maybe panicked a smidge. Then she walked down the aisle and saw Good Looking and all was right with the world. There were some slideshows, some vows, some "I do's", and even some cake.
They honeymooned in Mexico. They moved into their cardboard box apartment. They lived their happy young people lives. He went to grad school. She graduated and got a job teaching. They lurved each other.
He got a job....a LONG way from home. She got pregnant. They moved and bought their first house. He worked, she threw up. They lurved each other.
Then Bow Baby arrived. They loved her. They hugged her. Kissed her. Fed her. Even brought her home and decided to keep her.
Bow Baby cried. A lot. Peppy wasn't so peppy anymore. Good Looking helped out where he could. Then, after a few months Bow Baby stopped screaming so much. Ahhh....
Bow Baby grew. They all loved. It was perfect.
It is perfect because they love each other. They love Bow Baby and she loves them. They are a family. And today Peppy and Good Looking are celebrating their 4 year wedding anniversary.
Also, in case you are incredibly dense, Peppy = Carrie, Extremely Good Looking = Anthony, Bow Baby = Ansleigh. That's math even I can do.
Friday, June 19, 2009
- I am now a member of the iphone community via hand-me-down, which I'm totally cool with.
- Right now I'm living up life listening to Pandora play me a variety of Taylor Swift songs.
- BAHAHAHAHAHA. Apparently Pandora was still signed in to Anthony's account.
- That means I just added the Taylor Swift station to his account. Hahahahaha.
- I'm sure you're probably tired (already) of hearing all about my new iphone experiences so I should probably stop.
- But I won't.
- I might go on FOREVA about my new iphone.
- I'm done now.
- Last night, I went to Walmart. In the middle of the night. SCARY!!! Seriously.
- Have I ever mentioned (only 7,000 times) that I hate shopping at Walmart?
- Why? Because they make me spend too much money! I have to divert my eyes constantly. It isn't like going into Publix and you breeze down the aisles and grab what you need. No. The whole freakin store has EVERYthing you could ever think of. So then you are all like, "Oh yeah. We need shampoo. Oh yeah, Ansleigh needs a new coloring book. Oh yeah, I need to spend 10 million dollars." GRRRRRRRRRR.
- I hate walmart. Devil!!!!
- Sam what's-his-face is the devil for making that blasted store.
- Next week we're leaving to go on my family's annual beach vacation.
- Rest assured, we're going to a different beach than the one we live near. One 7 hours away. Just to be clear. But still in Florida. How weird is that?
- Just to give you an idea of how OCD I am, I was put in charge of the food planning for our trip. We now have a menu (all three meals) for everyday of the week. Plus an itemized, categorized grocery list, complete with snacks, drinks, and paper goods.
- I really LOVE giving a song the thumb's up or thumb's down on Pandora. It is a sick power trip.
- I'm going to see New Moon with Winn. In November.
- Did I mention there is this freakin awesome blogger type application for the iphone so I can blog from my iphone? Did I tell you that?
- I'm blogging from my iphone right now. Except that I'm a liyah and I'm really not. Because I really suck at typing things on that touchy-touchy keyboard thing.
- I exercised this week. Are you proud?
- You shouldn't be. I only did it one day this week. I did two workouts on my Wii Fitness Coach thingy and then Bug and I walked 2.5 miles. But then nothing else. Because I'm a loser.
- I went to the lady doctor this week. Good news. All my parts are still there. Is that TMI? Also, she's testing my iron (b/c I sleep all the time) and my thyroid. Just because. That means they sucked my blood. The whole time I was thinking, I bet it wouldn't hurt this much if it was Edward Cullen doing it.
- I have serious issues. I know.
- I'm going to have my teeth cleaned this afternoon. I can almost guarantee you that I"ll come back with the report that I have 762 cavaties and need to have 7 teeth crowned, just in case, and who knows what else. Trust me. This will happen.
While I'd love to stay and chat, I have more iphone thingys to get done so HOLLA. :) Have an amazing weekend ya'll.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Rachel's BFF, Becky made this for Ansleigh. Kind of makes me want one. Except I'm a grown-up, so I can't pull it off quite like this little love can.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GABBA GABBA!!!!!!!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Giftedly Outspoken is having a giveaway. I don't know her. But I know what she's giving away and I want it. I want it bad.
She's giving away these awesome Edward and Bella dolls. What would I do with them? Dunno. But aren't they awesome?
Oh. And Kearsie. Sorry. *If* I win these, I will not be mailing them to you. But maybe. Just maybe they can vacation at your house for a wee bit.
Friday, June 12, 2009
- This week I've been teaching preschool crafts at VBS. It is such a fun job! It has thoroughly pooped me out.
- The left shift key keeps sticking on my computer so every time I try to capitalize something, I have to use the force of 1000 warriors to make it actually function correctly.
- I can't begin to tell you how irritating that is.
- Everyday this week I've taken a nap. All those little kiddos and all the glue really took a toll on me.
- Today, I laid Ansleigh down and then laid myself down.
- That was about 1:15 ish. We woke up about 4:30. We're losers. Both of us.
- Right now we're watching the newest Indiana Jones movie.
- So far, it's kind of gay. He just hid inside a refrigerator to save himself from an atomic bomb.
- Like I said...gay.
- I've started reading the fifth Harry Potter again. I needed some kind of mindless fiction to read.
- I chose Harry Potter because I'm trying desperately not to fall into the Coma again.
- Next week I go in for my "annual" exam. I'm super pumped. Except that I'm not. At all.
- I've got a list of things to give my doctor to tell her all the things that are wrong with me. That should be a good time.
- Dude. Harrison Ford is old. And all wrinkly.
- I can't think of anything else.
My rainbow flip flops. I got them shortly after we got married (4 years ago). I've pretty much worn them for at least a short period of time every single day since I've gotten them. They are well lurved.
See? See how nice and worn in they are?
I lurve them.
My mom has been on me for over a year now about how I need to get a new pair. For me, that was not an option. My floppers still fit. They were comfortable. They weren't broken. Why get new ones?
When Chad & Rachel were here, I had them on and we got rained on all day. Big deal. Except that they are so worn and well-loved that the leather started breaking apart. Boooooooo.
Still didn't merit getting a new pair.
Until this week. At VBS. The front of the toe part started peeling off. I kept tripping. And tripping. Poor shoes. And, all of a sudden, they no longer supported my feet the way they used to which equals some serious leg pain after walking around all day.
So I finally broke down. Tonight, I bought a new pair.
See? All new and nice and shiney. Believe it or not, the first pair used to look just like this.
Think it is only a color difference? Look at the bottoms?
Now, I will spend the next few weeks rubbing blisters and molding these new floppers to my weird skinny feet. Farewell old rainbows. It's been a good relationship. We have had good times. Shared good memories. But. It's time you retired. You will be missed.
Monday, June 8, 2009
I swear it seems like everywhere I go someone is asking me if I want another one, when I'll have another one, or better yet, why am I not already pregnant again. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?
While I'm sure most of you could care less when I'm going to have another baby, I need somewhere to vent. I need to make SOMEONE understand. So let's talk about it.
NO, I do not plan to have another baby anytime soon.
[Why?] Because I don't want to. (Which should be reason enough, but it seems, it isn't.)
[Why?] For multiple reasons:
- My child is only 18 months old. She is still a baby to me. I want to cherish this time with her. Not spend it puking.
- I am not ready to be pregnant again. I'm not ready for the puking. I'm not ready for the hunger. I'm not ready for the heartburn. I'm not ready for the fatness or not being able to get comfortable. YES, I know it will *likely* be different the next go-around. Don't care.
- My sister is 20 weeks pregnant. I want her to be able to enjoy this time. I want her to have her chance to shine and be in the spotlight. I want her to be able to enjoy all that motherhood offers without me taking away from any of that.
- I have a very difficult time imagining how we could feasibly pay for another child right now. And please don't tell me, "if we can do it, anyone can."
- I want a minivan. With rear air conditioning. I can't stand the idea of yet another child sweating to death in the back of my hot, black car.
- I'm starting a new job! A job that I intend to have for at least a couple of years. A job that will take a vast amount of my attention. My dream job.
- I'm also still waiting to find out if I'll be teaching again in the fall. Let's be real, starting a cheer program from scratch and teaching isn't really the best time to have another baby.
It is the fact that I can't imagine taking care of two children all the time. I'm still trying to teach Ansleigh so much. She's at the age where she's doing something new everyday but she's still a baby in my eyes. My baby. I'm not ready to move her out of that position and replace her. I'm not ready to add to our family. Most importantly, I do not have a peace about having another child any time soon. I don't feel like that's what God wants for us. I've prayed about it. I'll continue to pray about it.
I love hearing the positives and negatives of having kids close together and also having them several years apart. Different things work for different families. Maybe later on I will regret not having my children closer together. Right now, I look forward to it. I look forward to my Buggy being able to help me. To be at an age where she really understands what's going on. To be potty trained.
I rushed myself to have Ansleigh. I wanted a baby so badly that I just couldn't fathom waiting any longer. I don't want to rush this next one. I want the next baby to be completely God's timing. Not mine. If God intends for me to have another baby sooner than I plan, it will happen.
I'm not in a rush. Neither is Anthony. If we aren't in a rush, shouldn't everyone just chill out? It's not like I'm approaching the age where I'll be too old to have another one. I have plenty of time!!!!!! Plenty! Like...10 years! Back off.
I know that most people don't mean anything by it, asking me about another baby. Sometimes people are just nosy. Sometimes people are just looking for a topic of conversation. Sometimes people want to force their ideas upon you. Whatever the reason, it doesn't really matter. The fact is that until we're ready to have more kids, we aren't going to. Point. Blank. The end.
Oh, and if I've ever been that person, the one harping on you about having another baby, I APOLOGIZE. Honestly, it was probably just a mixture of curiosity and need to continue a conversation that provoked me.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Often, there are problems we can’t solve, or things we want to communicate that we simply can’t find the words for.
That’s why Yo Gabba Gabba is so wonderful. It takes care of all this for us.
Don’t believe me?
Find out for yourself.
My food is so delicious but I am simply at a loss of words to adequately describe it: “There’s a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy!”
My house is a mess! What am I going to do? “Clean it up, clean it up, clean it up, pick up the trash now.”
This food looks disgusting. Should I eat it? “Try it….you’ll like it. Just try it, you’ll like it.”
I cannot believe she said that about me! I want to rip her head off!
“Don’t bite your friends…” (or your enemies)
Oh boy! There’s Winn! What should I do? “Stretch your arms out wide, wrap em around, squeeze tight, hugs are fun, hugs are fun…”
I have the worst taste ever in my mouth right now. “It’s fun to brush your teeth, it’s fun to brush your teeth, it’s fun to brush your teeth, and this is how you do it…”
I keep forgetting why I’m supposed to set the alarm when I leave the house. Why is that again? “Dangerous, it’s so dangerous. You have to watch for things that are dangerous.”
I know he can hear me talking to him. HELLO!!!! Maybe if I bean him in the head with… “Please, don’t, throw things at friends. Please don’t throw things at friends.”
More times than not, when I’m sitting in a “grown up” meeting, my friends and I keep getting glares. What should we do before we go into the meeting?
“Let’s get the sillies out, get the sillies out, get the sillies out, and that’s what it’s about.”
Well how can we get those sillies out? “Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, GO! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, GO! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, GO! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, STOP! Hold still…..”
I just realized I was ugly to my husband/friend/child.
“I’m so, I’m so, sorry. I’m so, I’m so, sorry. We can fix it. We can make it better.”
Anthony’s working. Ansleigh’s napping. I’ve already napped. The house is *mostly* clean. I’m bored!!! “Hey, won’t somebody, come and play with me. I’ve done all my work and I’ve got a little while to spend, if I could find a friend…”
I just got made fun of….AGAIN…due to my lovely southern drawl. I can’t decide if I’m mad or if I don’t really care. “…so I’ll be nice to them. Because they are my friends.”
Extended family can’t seem to stop asking when we’re going to have another baby. I’m really thinking about slapping them but instead…“…so I’ll love, love, love my family…”
Do these people in front of me not care that I have a screaming child with me? Do they really feel the need to take everything out of their cart one at a time at the slowest speed humanly possible? Should I ram them? “You gotta wait in line, it’s only fair, to wait right there.”
I keep begging for readers to comment. I never get more than 4 or 5. Should I give up? “Keep trying, keep trying, don’t give up, never give up.”
Oh, blast. It’s time to go. How to end? “Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.”
Friday, June 5, 2009
- Do you remember when TGIF was ABC's Friday night line up? It totally had the best shows. I won't lie. I watched it.
- On the rare occasion that I was home on a Friday night.
- Not because I was all socially-social and out-and-about.
- Because I was usually at a football game cheering. And/or selling programs. Or at a basketball game.
- But if I was home, I was watching Boy Meets World. Ahhh...Cory and Topanga.
- I desperately want to be a sales rep for Chez Ami and/or Kelly's Kids. DESPERATELY.
- I have for a while.
- I haven't done it yet because I honestly don't know anyone that would buy it....aside from myself.
- I finally buckled this week and read Midnight Sun.
- Not that it didn't make sense before, but everything makes so much more sense reading it from Edward's perspective.
- I can feel the pull of the coma again. Grrr.
- I've already read this stupid thing twice. It's so good!
- Summer tv sucks. I hate it. I depend entirely too much on television for my entertainment purposes.
- I bought My Fitness Coach for our Wii. I'm going to give it a whirl. We'll let you know how that goes.
- Have I ever mentioned how obsessive I am about keeping my nose and ears clean?
- My nose. My ears. Ansleigh's nose. Ansleigh's ears. Anthony's ears.
- His nose cannot be my problem. I have to draw the line somewhere.
- If I threw a major, toddler-sized tantrum, would you people finally comment on what you're reading?
- I think everyone hates me. No one comments on my blog. I must be hated.
- I need to take a shower. Let me go take care of that.
Have a wonderful weekend! :)
For those of you that are not in the know...it's getting about that time again. The time when the fall previews start popping up. The time when they show me what I may or may not buy.
Usually, I just lust in my heart. I don't usually buy. I lust. Wait. Find it on ebay and buy like crazy.
Recently (as in 20 minutes ago) I came across these images from Chez Ami's new fall stuff. Bout crapped my pants. I need a job. I need to make money. I also need to sell this stuff so I can get a discount. Would anyone buy this from me????? No seriously. If I sold this, would you buy it?
Anyway, here are the images from my newest lust-fest. Enjoy! :)