That means lots more complete total randomness from the rambling mind that belongs to me.
I think the reason why I browse (I'm not so bad about buying things) is pure boredom. I'm bored. In fact, most of the time I am bored. I hear other stay-at-home-moms talk about how busy they stay and how being home with a child or children is a full time job. I think I missed something. Maybe it is just because these days, Ansleigh is so easy. Everyone keeps telling me that once she is mobile it won't be the same. Well, she is mobile...somewhat. I'm still bored.
This is what a typical "fascinating" day for me looks like:
- Get up, give Ansleigh a bottle, lay on the couch until she's ready to get out of her bed
- Play with her while watching Playhouse Disney until around 10ish
- Fix her a bottle and lay her down for a nap immediately followed by laying mommy down for a nap :o)
- Get up when Ansleigh wakes up (12:30ish), get her dressed, feed her lunch, play for an hour or so
- Fix her a bottle and lay her down for her nap (2 ish)
- Get her up (4:30ish) and then she has "independent" play time while mommy watches tv
- Feed her dinner (5:30ish)
- Hang out and eat dinner with Anthony
- Fix Ansleigh a bottle, put on her pj's, put her down for the night (8:30ish) followed by entirely too much ebay and tv
Oh gosh...I think I just bored myself to sleep just re-reading what my life looks like.
What do these other moms do???? Can someone send me the memo, please?
Pre-Melbourne/Pre-Baby I was a busy, busy bee. My days were filled with classes, kids, athletic activities (coaching them...not participating), bible studies, hanging out with friends, roaming around town just looking at stuff.
Most of that doesn't even exist in my life anymore but I can't blame it all on Ansleigh. I blame it on me. I'm not working, thus, no classes and kids. My bible studies used to be once a week, now it is twice a month...and sometimes not that often. I'm making more of an effort to "hang out" with friends but let's face it, it is a lot more difficult to do so with a kid who naps 2-3 times a day and will only sleep in a crib. If I want to roam around town with her, I basically need to pack up half the house and very carefully plan it around her nap times. Thus, I've fallen victim to the internet.
Anthony, bless him, can busy himself for hours and hours and hours reading stuff on the internet. Me? Not so much...
This is what my web routine looks like:
- check email
- check "watched" items on ebay
- friends & family blogs (IF any new ones have been posted)
- ebay...for hours of browsing
- etsy (ya know...for that moment that I realize that I've looked at ALL the baby girl clothes sizes 6-24 months on ebay AND everything Auburn)
- people.com to keep up with my celebrity gossip
Other than that, I fill my time with Law & Order reruns and preschool cartoons. Nice. You're jealous, I know. :o)
Anybody have suggestions for what I can do with my time? You can suggest exercise, but just know that you can suggest it all you want but it still is not real likely to happen.
HELP ME!?!?! Or you are going to see me on the evening news one night, headline as follows: 25-year-old mother dies today of boredom. Officials are still investigating but say that it seems to be due to the fact that she just didn't have a life.